Memorial Day is one of the United States’ most poignant federal holidays. It’s a day to remember and honor those who have lost their lives in military service.
A longstanding Memorial Day tradition for some families is to get together and mark the holiday weekend with good food and good company. The Memorial Day weekend unofficially marks the start of Summer, so it’s the perfect time for an outdoor event or a cozy gathering centered around gratitude and remembrance.
If you’re hosting a Memorial Day cookout or event this year, here’s some inspiration for your invitations. With a mix of shorter and longer messages, these Memorial Day message options are the perfect way to honor the spirit of the holiday in your cards or invitations.
- Thank you to the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
- Let us remember those who courageously gave their lives.
- Join us as we remember and honor our heroes.
- Let’s use today to count our blessings and stand proud.
- Honoring our nation’s heroes on Memorial Day.
- We wish you a beautiful Memorial Day weekend.
- Today we honor those who made a great sacrifice for us.
- Let’s remember our fallen service members with pride this Memorial Day.
- Together we pay homage to those who have given us our freedom.
- We salute our fallen and give thanks on this Memorial Day.
- Today we express our gratitude to our fallen heroes.
- In remembrance of our heroes on this Memorial Day.
- Wishing you a memorable Memorial Day weekend.
- Today we honor those who have made the greatest sacrifice.
- Sending you warm wishes on this day of remembrance.
- Honoring our heroes who served to hold our flag high.
- Let us gather together in celebration of those who have fallen.
Sometimes a card or party decor calls for an inspiring or heartwarming quote of remembrance. These Memorial Day quotes pay respects to those servicemen and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice, while carrying the spirit of their legacy.
“May we never forget that freedom isn’t free.”~
“In memory of many, in memory of all”
“We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.”
“Never forget, ever honor”
“Fallen, but not forgotten”
“Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind moves it, but because of the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.”
“We come not to mourn our dead heroes but to praise them.”
“Home of the free because of the brave”
“We stand for the flag, we kneel for the fallen.”
“All gave some, some gave all. Remember them this Memorial Day.”
“Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.”