Welcome to Eating Albanian Cooking Series! Join Monda Cunmulaj as she masterfully whips up the mouthwatering, guilty pleasure for some, a comfort food for others: Djathë i ziem! Discover the secrets behind Monda’s irresistible, Djathë i ziem recipe, crafted from the region of her ancestors, Kelmend in Albania.
Whether you’re an avid food lover or seeking a comforting culinary experience, this episode will leave you craving more.
- 1/2 cup (stick) of butter
- 2 Jars (1.5 cups) of clotted cream (can be substituted with Kajmak)
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of shredded fresh mozzarella
- 2 cups of shredded low moisture, whole milk mozzarella
- 1 cup of feta cheese brine (can be substituted with water)
- A little bit of crumbled feta cheese (optional)
Subscribe now and embark on a delectable journey into the warmth and deliciousness of Albanian cuisine with Eating Albanian!